Sunday, January 27, 2019

CBSE Class 10 th English Important Questions Value Based Questions Grammar

CBSE Class 10 th English Important Questions Value Based Questions Grammar



Students are provided a piece of conversation between two persons. The conversation is reported in a passage having four incomplete sentences. Students are required to complete the sentences in a reported speech by providing their own responses. Each correct answer is worth one mark.



Doctor: How do you feel now?
Patient: Slightly better.
Doctor: Did you take the medicines regularly?
Patient: Yes.

The doctor asked the patient how (a) __________ . The patient replied (b) ___________ better. When the doctor asked him (c) __________ the medicines regularly, he replied in affirmation.


1. he felt then
2. he felt slightly
3. he had taken




Ankit: Where are you going?
Atul: At the airport.
Ankit: May I drop you there in my car?
Atul: Thanks a lot. It will be a great help to me.

Ankit asked Atul where (a) ___________ . Atul replied (b) ___________ airport. Ankit further asked him (c) ____________ there in his car. Atul thanked him adding that it would be a great help to him.

1. he was going
2. that he was going to the
3. if he might drop him 3.




Tanmay: How did you spend your vacation?
Astha: I visited Kashmir with my parents.
Tanmay: Have you been there earlier too?
Astha: No, it was my first trip.

Tanmay asked Astha how (a) _______ vacation. Astha replied that (b) _____ with her parents. Tanmay further asked her if she had been there earlier too. Astha replied in negation saying that (c)________

1. she had spent her
2. she had visited
3. it had been her first trip



Teacher: Why are you late?
Sumit: I missed my school bus.
Teacher: Why didn’t you leave in time?
Sumit: Sorry, I will do so from tomorrow.

The teacher asked Sumit why (a) _________ late. Sumit replied that (b) _____________ school bus. When the teacher asked him why (c) __________ in time, Sumit apologetically replied that he would do so from the next day.  { Solve yourself}




Sonu: What makes you weep?
Rohan: Someone has stolen my wallet. Sonu: Where did you keep it.
Rohan: In the back pocket of my trousers.

Sonu asked Rohan what (a) ___________. He replied that someone (b)____________ . Next, Sonu enquired of him where he had kept it. Rohan answered that (c) ___________ in the back pocket Material




Servant: Please give me leave for a week.
Master: Why do you need such a long leave?
Servant: I have to visit my village.
Master: O.K. but don’t outstay your leave.

The servant requested his master (a) _________ for a week. The master asked him why (b)______ such a long leave. At this, the servant said that he had to visit his village. The master acceded to his request but asked him (c) ________ leave.



Beggar: Please give me some money.
Lady: Why don’t you do some work?
Bagger: Madam, begging is also a work.

A Beggar requested a lady (a) _________. The lady asked him why (b) _________ some work. At this the beggar said (c) _________.




John: Do you know swimming?
David: No, can you teach me how to swim?
John: of course I can. Come to my place tomorrow at 5.00 p.m.


John asked David (a) __________. David replied in negative and asked him (b) _____ how to swim. John replied in affirmation and asked him (c) _________ the next day at 5.00 p.m.


Principal: Why do you want a character certificate?
Student: Sir, I want to apply for a part-time job.
Principal: Have you brought your progress report?
Student: No sir, I have not brought




The Principal asked the student (a) ______________. The student replied respectfully (b) Material ______________ The principal asked him further (c) ______________. The student replied very respectfully saying that, he had not brought that.




Madam: Have any of you seen a camel’s skin?
Boy: Yes, Madam
Madam: Where did you see it?

A school mistress asked her students (a) ___________ one little boy shouted out (b) ___________. The madam aksed him ___________




Riya: Can I help you? I have plenty of spare time.
Rachit: Sure you can I have a problem in solving this sum which is very difficult.
Riya: Give the paper and see the solution.


Riya asked Rachit (a) ___________ Rachit replying affirmatively said she could surely as (b) ___________ Riya asked Rachit (c) ___________




Miss Tina: Anu, you spent time on this home assignment, and it really shows!
Anu: Thanks miss Tina! You mean it’s that good?
Miss Tina: No. I mean it’s covered with stains from a whole evening’s worth of snacks.

Aru’s teacher Miss Tina told him that (a) ___________ the pleased Anu (b) __________ and asked her (c) __________ to that the angry Miss Tina replied that what she meant, was that it was covered with stains.




Captain: Do you know how to play cricket?
Aryna: Never had a chance to learn it.
Captain: In this school, every student has to learn it.
 Aryan: Give me a chance and I shall learn it.



The captain asked Aryan (a) _________ Aryan replied that he had never got any chance to learn it. The captain then told Aryan (b) ___________ Aryan requested the captain (c) ___________




Saumya: Who is your favorite cricketer? Aryan: Sachin Tendulkar
Saumya: Why do you like him so much?
Aryna: Because he is a great batsman.

Saumya asked Aryan (a) ___________ Aryan replied (b) ___________ Saumya then inquired why (c) ___________ Aryan told her that he is a great batsman.




Anshu: Priya, will you go to school fete tomorrow?
Priya: Yes, if you and Anu go there
Anshu: What will you wear?
Priya: Blue Jeans and orange top.


Anshu asked Priya (a) ___________ the day after. Priya replied that (b) ___________ Anshu then inquired (c) ___________ Priya told her that she would wear blue jeans and orange top.



Rohan: Rakhi, give me your phone number,
Rakhi: Look it up in the directory Rohan: What is your father’s name?
Rakhi: It is also in the directory



Rohan asked Rakhi (a) ___________ Rakhi advised him (b) ___________Rohan then asked (c) ___________ Rakhi replied that it was also in the directory.




Kanak: have you seen “Three idiots”?
Kartik: I saw them yesterday in my class
Kanak: I was talking about the movie.
Kartik: I thought that you were talking about three idiots in the class.


Kanak asked Kartik (a) ___________ three Idiots, Kartik replied that (b) ___________ class. Kanak further said that (c) ___________ about the movie. Kartik said that he had thought she had been talking about three Idiots in the class.




Ray: I have invited four of my friends for dinner today.
Renu: Then I will invite my friends also.
Ray: That will a good idea
Renu: What should we have for dinner?


Ray: Let us decide the menu now. Ray told Renu that (a) __________ then Renu said (b) ___________ which Ray thought would be a good idea. When Renu asked (c) ___________ Ray replied that they should decide the menu.




Anushka: Why do you look so sad?
Amit: I have lost my wallet
Anushka: Where did you lose it?
Amit: Somewhere in the school


Anushka asked Amit (a) ___________ Amit told her (b) ___________ Anushka wanted to know (c) ___________ Amit said that he had lost it somewhere in the school.




Solve this important grammar

0 comments: